Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ellsworth Goes to the Library


Last week, the Salem Church library had 5 copies of Rider in the Night nicely stacked on the special Halloween book display. I went back a few days later and all the copies were checked out! In fact, all the copies in all the branches of the library were checked out!

I couldn't pose next to the book, so I snuggled up with this big guy instead. One featured book happens to be by The Writer's friend, Linda Shute. (It's the book with the light bouncing off it--The Writer takes awful pictures sometimes). Linda wrote and illustrated this really fun, scary book called Halloween Party. I want to go to a party like the one in this book! Hurry to your library and check it out!

I suppose you think I'm wild with jealousy because you're posing with that big bear. Well, I'm not. Not in the least. Not the teensiest tiniest bit. I so don't care, it's not funny--

Oh, put a sock in it.

This post is dedicated to Linda Shute, wonderful friend, writer, and illustrator.

2 comments:

Donna Layton said...

Yippee on all the books being checked out of ALL THE LIBRARIES! That is so cool.
I will keep Linda in my thoughts and prayers. So sad.

ellsworth said...

The Writer thanks you for that.