Thursday, October 16, 2008

First Meeting of Ellsworth's and Winchester's Literary Society


It's the first meeting of the Fishbone Literary and Olive Loaf Celery Flake Tuna Kibble Delight Society--whew! what a mouthful! Maybe we should just call it Book Club.

No! You told me I could name it like the literary society in that book you raved about so much.

All right. I have chosen our first book.

Wait a minute! How come I didn't get any say in this?
You got to name our club; I get to pick the first book. It's only fair.

Yeah. In Ellsworth-world. So what's the book?

It's perfect for you. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

Is it about a handsome black and white cat? Whoa! Look at all those pages! Look at that teeny tiny print! I can't read this book in a million years. Will you read it to me, Ellie? Please?


Only if you quit calling me Ellie. "Chapter One. My father's name being Pirrip, and my Christian name Philip, my infant tongue could make of both names nothing longer or more explicit than Pip. So, I called myself Pip, and came to be known as Pip . . ." Winchester? Are you nodding off?

Wake me when it's time to have our Olive Loaf Celery Flake Tuna Kibble Delight . . . yawn.


1 comment:

TamraW said...

That's a very impressive book club name . . . VERY impressive!