Thursday, October 30, 2008

Winchester's Halloween


What's with you? You look down in the dumps.

I broke The Writer's Husband's coffee maker last night.

I know. Glass everywhere and right at dinner time too.

I didn't mean to do it. I was playing with the cord and pulled it right off the counter. It made a terrific noise, didn't it?

I doubt you're filled with remorse. So why the long whiskers?

The Writer can't take me treat-or-treating tomorrow night. She has to go to Wal-Mart and get another coffee maker.

Winchester . . . you have never gone trick-or-treating in your life.

I want to go this year! Will you take me? Please?

I'm 54. A little old to go trick-or-treating.

You were 54 last year. Don't you ever get any older?

It's more convenient to stay one age.

Pleeeze take me, Ellie! I'll be good. I promise!

All right. But I'll probably turn 154 before the night is over.


2 comments:

TamraW said...

Hmmmm . . . and who left the cord where you could reach it Winchester??

Have fun trick or treating! My son has decided to have a few friends over instead. There'll be a big campfire, the game of manhunt and s'mores!

ellsworth said...

Can I send Winchester to your son's party? You could have a game of cat-hunt instead.

*Very funny.*