Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Winchester Settles Out of Court


Well, here we are in the hallowed halls of the District Court where I'm suing The Writer for throwing me in the clink.

Looks a lot like our hallway. Are you nervous?

I have my power green tie and my glasses that make me look like Catticus Finch and my briefcase. Why should I be nervous?

Power ties are red and not a St. Patrick's Day gag tie. And your briefcase is really a vintage Elizabeth Arden make-up case.

Never mind the details. Where is The Writer? And what's this paper the bailiff handed me?

It's a summons. The Writer is going to change your name if you don't drop your case against her.

Change my name? To what?

The innkeeper at the Hope and Glory Inn where The Writer, her huband, and I vacationed, is Dudley. The Writer thinks Dudley suits you better than Winchester. You act like a Dudley.

This is monstrous! I am not a Dudley!

I think she's right. Dudley does suit you.

I'm leaving this kangaroo court right now! I should have known the wheels of justice wouldn't turn in my favor!

See you later . . . Dudley.

2 comments:

Constance Van Hoven said...

Hmmm, Dudley must be THE name for B and B dogs... Does the writer recall another Dudley at Betsy's in Vermont?

ellsworth said...

Actually, Dudley was the name of the innkeeper. But The Writer forgot about the ever-present Dudley at Betsy's! She says thanks for reminding her.

*I am NOT a Dudley. Case closed.*